My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Duck Hunting Rayburn  (Read 3960 times)

coopergsr

Duck Hunting Rayburn
« on: October 08, 2011, 07:13:33 AM »

TxDuckman, 1st did you hunt Teal on Rayburn this year. If so how was it?

I see you do most of the posting here so I assume your very knowledgable on the subject of hunting Rayburn.

I & 2 sons, later 2 brother in laws & sons, have camped on Rayburn during Nov since the early 90's but all we've ever done is fish. We camped at Harvey Creek park till it's closing, now camp at Powell Park. I've seen & heard Duck Hunters every season but never questioned what the rules & regs were. What little hunting we have done has been in the Winnie area with Drake Plantation.

I & sons would like to try it this year on Big Sam. Can you advise where I can find info on the rules & regs to do so? Any info your willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

spyder

• Email
Re: Duck Hunting Rayburn
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »

I am no expert by any means, but you can go to the us corp of engineers website and they have rules posted. the regs are the same as TPWD. I have only hunted Rayburn a couple times, it is hard to find a good spot without getting lures cast into your decoys and THEY DONT CARE!! I have had spinner baits riccochet of decoy heads.

coopergsr

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:01:20 AM »

I am no expert by any means, but you can go to the us corp of engineers website and they have rules posted. the regs are the same as TPWD. I have only hunted Rayburn a couple times, it is hard to find a good spot without getting lures cast into your decoys and THEY DONT CARE!! I have had spinner baits riccochet of decoy heads.

Lol, 10-4. As low as water is now I can imagine it even more difficult to find a secluded area.
Thank for your input Spyder.

txduckman

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »

TxDuckman, 1st did you hunt Teal on Rayburn this year. If so how was it?

I see you do most of the posting here so I assume your very knowledgable on the subject of hunting Rayburn.

I & 2 sons, later 2 brother in laws & sons, have camped on Rayburn during Nov since the early 90's but all we've ever done is fish. We camped at Harvey Creek park till it's closing, now camp at Powell Park. I've seen & heard Duck Hunters every season but never questioned what the rules & regs were. What little hunting we have done has been in the Winnie area with Drake Plantation.

Email me at Wingsoverdayton@aol.com and I'll give you information for hunting rules. I hunted lLake Livingston for teal this year . it was hit and miss . I also hunted the little water I had on my lease near Dayton. I hunt mostly private. I believe the guide at Drake is Fisher . Hunted property next to him years ago and he was best goose caller I have ever heard. I have a house on Rayburn and love the lake .I also have hunted Toledo Bend with guide who will go un named on here since he is also a fishing guide and Lynn was great to set this up.

Started hunting Winnie when I moved to Texas in 1991 email me at wingsoverdayton@aol.com and I'll give you leads . Rayburn is a bass fishing lake. Put this on to discuss hunting in general. the guide at Drake I believe his last name was Fisher best goose caller I ever heard.

I & sons would like to try it this year on Big Sam. Can you advise where I can find info on the rules & regs to do so? Any info your willing to share would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:38:42 PM by txduckman »

coopergsr

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »

Thanks, & Yes Brian Fischer. & he is a great goose caller.