My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Bedding Bass  (Read 4165 times)

TheFluke

• Sr. Members
    • Email
Bedding Bass
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:48:32 PM »

Anyone seen any fish on the beds yet? Im sure with all the warm weather were having it wont be long. So much for a late spawn I guess. Water temp should be well in the 60's by now right? Its hard to believe that 2 weeks ago when I fish last that it was 19 degrees outside and the water temp was 38 degrees..Lynn, you think they'll be spawned out by middle March? I know you dont have a crystal ball for the weather but whats your take? Thanks

Reelumn

• Administrator
    • www.rayburncountry.com
    • Email
Re: Bedding Bass
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »

A lot of them will spawn but you still have a lot to come in from deep water so you still find a few into late March and maybe April

spd81

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:37 PM »

Cody I went this morning and caught mine in 4'-6'.  I didnt see any up in the real shallows around Caney.

TheFluke

• Sr. Members
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:30:12 PM »

It must be easy to catch them if a man who hasnt been on the lake in 6 years is catching them!! jk.... You catching them on Traps, Robert?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:21:46 AM by TheFluke »

spd81

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:38:15 AM »

No lie.  Thats the first bass i've caught in 6 or 7 years.  I caught mine on a white spiiner bait and a watermelon red trick worm.  I only caught one on a red trap.  Afterwards I wished I would have thrown the trap more.  I caught 9 0r 10  with 4 keepers but when the thick fog rolled in they just quit. 

TheFluke

• Sr. Members
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »

Well sounds like you had a good day on the lake..Hows the boat running?

spd81

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »

.Boat was fine but when i started filling my live wells up I realized the water was going in the bottom of my boat due to a broken fill pipe.  Then my livewells would not hold water from a the valve not working.  Simple fixes but aggravating.