My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Rayburn on 3-24-11  (Read 5862 times)

steveison14

• Email
Rayburn on 3-24-11
« on: March 15, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »

I'm planning a trip to Rayburn on 3-24-11.  We will be fishing from Powell Point, and i never fished that area before.  I have a 15 foot boat with a 25 on it and was wondering if i could get some recommendations on a good area to fish around that area.  Any help would be appreciated.

TheFluke

• Sr. Members
    • Email
Re: Rayburn on 3-24-11
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:32:22 AM »

Pigeon Roost area, Buck bay area, Needmore point area, Millers area... All those places are close to Powell and area pretty good. Fish Shallow.... I fished this past sat and sun and caught alot of fish each day on square bill crankbaits in about 2 1/2 ft of water w/ grass. That method should still work come the 24th.. Good Luck

steveison14

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:12:27 AM »

Thanks Mr Fluke.  I will be taking my father-in-law there for the first time and would really like for him to catch

coopergsr

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:22:10 AM »

I'm planning a trip to Rayburn on 3-24-11.  We will be fishing from Powell Point, and i never fished that area before.  I have a 15 foot boat with a 25 on it and was wondering if i could get some recommendations on a good area to fish around that area.  Any help would be appreciated.

I & son fished out of Powell last week, last day fished was Fri morning. I stayed/fished in that area, north of boat ramp. Caught several small fish. No big uns to brag about but was fun. Largest were two @ ~4#. Most caught on red mid depth cranks in timber from 6 to 15' of water. Some also hit top waters.
There may be more shallower by the time you arrive.
There are plenty coves to fish around Powell area. Just find one or two where you can get somewhat out of the wind if possible.

kickinbasscouple

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »

Are they hitting frogs yet on top?

We fished bass champs  Sat in veach area  could not get  a big bite. bites were on senko and rattletrap. hoping some bigger fish move up this weekend as the bites were all  2 to 6  foot.  We did catch good numbers but 3 1/2 about biggest, but wondering if bite will change from  rattle trap as its getting late in the year for a trap bite.

coopergsr

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 07:35:50 AM »

Are they hitting frogs yet on top?

We fished bass champs  Sat in veach area  could not get  a big bite. bites were on senko and rattletrap. hoping some bigger fish move up this weekend as the bites were all  2 to 6  foot.  We did catch good numbers but 3 1/2 about biggest, but wondering if bite will change from  rattle trap as its getting late in the year for a trap bite.

we caught on top using the gold Roague & a Devil Horse. Tried others but nothing. Didn't try a frog because were no grass mats to throw at where I fished. New grass is coming but is still a few feet from surface yet.

steveison14

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:01:09 AM »

Thank you all for the great info.  I Really appreciate it and i will follow up when i get back Monday