News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: ???  (Read 4394 times)

spyder

• Email
???
« on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »

I guess no one fishes anymore?
I guess I will share some info but not much.  Bass in Lilly Pads, Lots of BIG ones!!

Bassfishing1

• Email
Re: ???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 07:06:19 AM »

Hey Spyder- I have not been on the lake in 2 months.  I will be out there this saturday and will provide a full report on whats going on upon my return. 

Bassfishing1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16:27 AM »

OK Spyder here is the fishing report--  Early there were fish up to 5 lbs feeding shallow, caught a few on spinner baits / buzz baits on windy main lake points.  Once the sun got up, we still got bit on these but it was smaller fish.  From there we backed out and threw deep diving crank baits and hooked into a few but nothing to brag about.  By mid afternoon we lost them and could not get back on them.  Saturday was a tough day with all the wind and the sky would be cloudy and then change all of the sudden to sunny.  It did this all day and I think it confused the fish or at least kept them on the move.  soory that I dont have any more helpful information than that but it was a tough day for me.  still beats working though, lol  good luck and let us know how you do next time you are out there. 

spyder

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »

Sat night just pidling around on the bank 7 channel cats (keepers but small) and 2 large crappie in about 4ft water next to grass on shiners, bream on worms and 1-7 pound blue on cut bream. not a tear'em up thing but enough to keep the kids interested.

bassholebuddy

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »

I have been out a few times my self till the heat has pretty much run me right off the water, still haven't found the honey hole yet though, A couple bass on a purple fire tail from a collection I've had since '87. and a 2lb on a spinner bait with a banjo minnow trailer. Sombody tell me where or what I am doing wrong for gettting one of those 6-8 lbers. still new to this Rayburn country.

Bassfishing1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 02:27:22 PM »

My Son has the YFL tournament this weekend and we will be chasing them.  I will report on what we find out after the tournament.  I suspect if you are looking for bigger bass, you will have to find them on ledges in non traditional locations since the lake has minimal grass and is fishing different than it ever has.