Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Report  (Read 3525 times)

spyder

• Email
« on: March 26, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »

Since everyone is on the hush hush for spring fishing, I will start it off. Bass were in the shallows 3ft or less Sat. in the grass, hitting just about anything thrown, flukes, wacky, texas, rogue etc. had to fish it SLOW. caught over 30 but most were 12 to 16" one about 4.5 to 5 pounds. crappie were not there, caught 1 on shiners.  Veach area.
Lets start hearing some reports people, rayburn is a big lake!

Bassfishing1

• Email
Re: Report
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 07:29:40 AM »

Spyder,
          I have not been on big Sam yet this year, but my 7 year old son has a YFL tourney out of Sam Rayburn Marina and resort on the 13th of April.  After his tournament we will fish the remainder of the day and I will be able to post an update of what worked and didnt work then. Any good infromation between now and then is appreciated, since I live in Conroe and dont get to follow the bass on Rayburn like I would like to.  Thanks and good fishing

spyder

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:24:49 PM »

Ok it was slow, this weekend, alot of dinks but the few big fish came on Watermelon Red flukes fished in the brush and grass, you had to get it in the back of the thick stuff. not very many crappie in shallow, did catch a couple of big females full of eggs. I dont know what the deal was, the weather, water etc. was right but very slow. fished thurs til today.

nwest10

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:48:17 AM »

Fished a tournament there the weekend of Mar.16.  Prefished Friday and could only manage a couple of dinks in 3 feet with flukes and spinnerbaits.  Saturday picked up 1 keeper early along edges and under buck brush in 3 to 4 feet, moved out off a point with grass in 8 to 10 feet and picked up several fish, but only 1 keeper on Tx rig trick worms - Wat Red.  Moved out to a deeper point 15 ft. with no grass and caught 10 or so spots on slow rolled spinner bait and Tx rig trick worm.