My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Sam Rayburn Big Bass 8-24-2014  (Read 2443 times)

Reelumn

• Administrator
    • www.rayburncountry.com
    • Email
Sam Rayburn Big Bass 8-24-2014
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:46:52 AM »

Reel um N Guide Service

Owner
Lynn Atkinson

Water Temp.84

Normal pool 164.40

Water Clarity 2 feet

08-24-14

Sam Rayburn is at 163.76 ft and is falling slowly

I went out last Friday to see if I could catch a couple of Big Bass, relax and enjoy fishing on Sam Rayburn.  I went looking and wanted to cover some water with Stanley’s New Top Toad.  In one little pocket I picked up a couple of MONSTER bass that were hiding in the grass.

There are still some fish up shallow around the grass and the pads early and late.   The Stanley Top Toad has been giving us some action early.  As thing started to heat up we moved out and start working the outer edge of the grass with Stanley Spinner baits and some crank baits. Things have started to change in the last few weeks and we have had schooling action on top out in the flats.  Keep a spoon tied on and have some fun with them. On the deeper side we had fish moving up on the long points and starting to move back into the creeks getting ready for fall. The offshore humps have been putting a few fish in the boat using a Carolina or Texas rig but you’ve got to slow way down.

Crappie; The Crappie are on the move and the bite has picked up.   We fished Sat and had 50 in the box before 11:00, it was a great day.  The bite has been very light and that makes it hard on the newer anglers.  Once you get the feel then you start pulling them in.  Everyone has loved the pontoon with the shade, changing room and port-o-potty.  We even carry a fan for the real scorching days.  It makes the trip a lot nicer for everyone. It’s one way to get out of the house and have some fun.  We can handle up to 8 anglers. 

Gift Certificates

Don’t forget we have Gift Certificate for special occasions. They are good for a year so they have plenty of time to schedule a date.

<’((((-><

God Bless

For More Information Call or Write:
Lynn Atkinson
865 Norris St
Zavalla, TX 75980
Cell (979) 220-0251

www.reelumn.com

lynn@reelumn.com

www.rayburncountry.com

srayburn@rayburncountry.com

[/b]