My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: 5-1-2017 Trophy Bass  (Read 1711 times)

Reelumn

• Administrator
    • www.rayburncountry.com
    • Email
5-1-2017 Trophy Bass
« on: May 02, 2017, 05:11:12 AM »

Reel um N Guide Service

Owner
Lynn Atkinson

Water Temp.74

Normal pool 164.40               

Water Clarity 2 feet

Sam Rayburn  is now at 162.74   
Big Sam was on Fire the other day.
Sam Rayburn gave up today under the awesome power of Adam and Rick in the pursuit of trophy bass.  We left the dock this morning right after a front had moved though last night with lots of  thunder and lightning and heavy rain fall. Big fish just do not like  weather changes.   Rick started off with a 7.41 lbs  and another one 7.18 lbs.  Rick and myself just catching ones around 3 lbs.  Then my turn came with a 11.20 lbs bass.  After a few more keeper we moved on to the next spot and again Adam came up with one over 6 lbs.  A few more spots and a few more keepers.  We got a  couple pics and turned them losse. We told Rick we needed to cull that 3 lb fish and then he came though with a 5.10 lbs. Time was 11:43.  We had a good bag now.  Adam lost one that looked 6 r 7 lbs  That would put our weight a couple more pounds  but I think 34.10 lbs on a guide trip is a good day for anyone. E2 Baits big worms and Stanley Jigs.  My new FATHOM WORX ROD CAME though with the big fish 11.20 lbs.

Well the wind has still been blowing each day and it’s been tough to get out and do a lot of fishing this week. The early morning has been the best, when the wind has been the lightest.  Everyone hates the wind but at times it can be your friend.  It keeps a lot of folks off the water and that means more room for you to catch fish.  There are some fish that have moved up shallow around the pads and the back of some of the pockets.  They have been chasing some Stanley Ribbits  and Pop – Rs  early and late so get ready for some top water action.  Now with the wind blowing the Stanley Spinner bait and crankbait’s have still been picking up some fish off the points and grass edges.  We have had some fish holding from 12 to 25 ft off the points and ledges.  Those fish have been on Carolina and Texas Rigs, Creature baits and Old Monster worms. There will be some schoolies chasing shad from time to time in open water so keep a shad color crankbait handy.  They can be a lot of fun.

Crappie;  The Crappie have been stacking up out there and we have had some good days with some pretty good crappie. The wind has been the biggest problem but things should start to settle down as we get a little farther into the summer patterns. The new pontoon has plenty of room for everyone so get your group booked for a spring crappie trip.

Thank everyone for their support.
Jerry and Glenda Julian
Of BASS STRIKE TACKLE
Lonnie Stanley of Stanley Jigs
Howard Etue of E2 BAITS
Fathom WORX Custom Rods
VELVIN OIL COMPANY
Needmore Tackle

God Bless

Lynn Atkinson

lynn@reelumn.com

www.reelumn.com