My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Sam Rayburn Fishing report 5-9-2017  (Read 1130 times)

Reelumn

• Administrator
    • www.rayburncountry.com
    • Email
Sam Rayburn Fishing report 5-9-2017
« on: May 09, 2017, 06:29:06 PM »

Reel um N Guide Service

Owner
Lynn Atkinson

Water Temp.74

Normal pool 164.40

Sam Rayburn has been coming up this week and is now at 162.93

Bass ; The bass fishing has just started to show signs of a good top water bite with fish moving up thru out the day chasing shad. The pads are just starting to show signs of a few fish moving into them. Most the flats have some grass patches on them and that's been good for a few fish on top water baits. I've been using a number of different baits from Stanley Ribbits, Buzz Baits, Pop-Rs to the small torpedo. The wacky worm can be a great tool. You have got to have patience working the grass lines. Don’t think this is a sissy bait. It’s know for some big fish and winning more then it’s share of tournaments over the years. We have been catching some fish on the outside of the grass lines on Spinner baits and Crankbait’s.  The 8 to 12 ft drivers has been the best for us. Colors change day to day but Shad color or blue gill is at the top of my list to start with. There've been a few fish caught on the points and humps. C/R and T/R a has been the best using worms or small creature baits.

Crappie; The Crappie have been stacking up out there and we have had good days with some pretty good crappie. The average trip has been getting 50 and the best trip we had 90 crappie. Lots of folks are getting Daddy and Mom out of the house and enjoying having fun and catching fish. The wind has been the biggest problem but things should start to settle down as we get a little farther into the summer patterns. The new pontoon has plenty of room for everyone so get your group booked for a spring crappie trip.

God Bless

Lynn Atkinson

lynn@reelumn.com

www.reelumn.com

srayburn@rayburncountry.com

www.rayburncountry.com

Cell 979-220-0251