My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Sam Rayburn Fishing Report June 24 2017  (Read 1465 times)

Reelumn

• Administrator
    • www.rayburncountry.com
    • Email
Sam Rayburn Fishing Report June 24 2017
« on: June 24, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »

Water Temperature: 86
Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

06-24-17 Sam Rayburn Fishing Report
 The water temperature is in the 80s at mid lake. The water color is clear to around 2ft, and the lake level is around pool.

The top water bite has started around the few lily pads and pepper grass.   Wacky worms and senko’s worked slowly around the edges have been doing well bagging a few good fish.  If you want to cover to a lot of water the Stanley Spinner bait is the way to go.   Looking for active fish can be lots of fun. Everything looks   good out there with the water still up. We have some bass schooling off the points chasing shad. A devil horse or top water bait should put a few in the boat for you. They may not be big but they sure get the party started. There are some fish showing up on the humps and deeper edges. Crank baits like the XD 6 to XD10 models work at times.  You need to get the bait to make contact with the structure, or switch to a Carolina Rig or Texas Rig to work the bottom. The best colors are Watermelon Red, Pumpkin Seed and Green Pumpkin.

Crappie have been good around the 147 bridge and on brush piles with live bait and jigs. If you don’t have any brush piles put out some.  Now’s the time to do it.  The fishing will only get better around them through the summer into fall when the fish will start up river. Making a good brush pile is the key here. We’ve been catching some big crappie this last week.   So set the hook on your fish, and have the net ready. This next week I will be working on brush piles.   So if you need a trip give me a call

Good Luck, and God Bless.
Lynn Atkinson
 Licensed Professional Guide
 Reel um N Guide Service
srayburn@rayburncountry.com
Cell 979-220-0251
[/b]