My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Sam Rayburn 4-20-06  (Read 2711 times)

Reelumn

• Administrator
    • www.rayburncountry.com
    • Email
Sam Rayburn 4-20-06
« on: November 07, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »

Water Temperature: 79
Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

04-20-06 Sam Rayburn Fishing Report The water temperature is in the high 70’s at mid lake. The water color is clear to around 2ft, and the lake level is around 1.25 ft low. We have been catching some nice fish in the drains and ditch’s, on the flats and off points on the main lake. On Senko’s, Wacky worms, Lizards and Flukes Colors have been Watermelon Red ,Pumpkin seed, Green pumpkin, and Watermelon red Green Flake. The better fish, are holding a little deeper around 5 to12ft in the ditches and drains, around the creeks that lead to the spawning areas. We have been seeing some bream in the coves this past week . Now maybe a good time to look at throwing some new colors with Blue, Orange or Green Flakes in them. Crank baits like the DD22 and some of the new LVR Lucky Craft over the grass flats and the edges of the creeks . I like the shad and chrome or something that looks like a perch. If you are looking for that big bite then the creeks and deep drops are what you need to work with big worms and lizards, work them slow. We had some bass busting the surface the other day chasing shad .The top water bite will be here before you know it ,if the weather will hold out. If you know anyone that needs to get away and just have a good time fishing please forward this to them or drop me a line. For more information or pictures, just e-mail me or check out my web site. If you like to get my news letter, just shoot me a e-mail and I will add you to the list.. We have been catching a few Crappie this week around the bridges on live bait, the bite is slow at times, some of the crappie are moving up in the shallows getting ready to spawn. I caught a few crappie this week in the grass flats on small crank baits , a roadrunner should start to pay off this next week are so with some good fish. Also check out your brush piles.

Good Luck, and God Bless.

Lynn Atkinson,
srayburn@rayburncountry.com
 979-220-0251

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:15:53 PM by Reelumn »